Conversations Gone Bad?
What usually is at the core of conversations gone bad is that one or both participants have dropped into feeling: fear, unresolved pain, and/or lack of respect (either direction).
Do your best to:
• Give yourself time to cool off;
• Cultivate compassion and make amends when possible;
• Take responsibility for your part;
• Authentically share your truth and your experience, and
ask that they do the same; and
• Do your best to re-establish respect.
I would also add to this the willingness to forgive yourself and the other person involved. This falls under the category of compassion for me, but it bears mentioning.
Just in time for the upcoming holidays. 🙂